Safe Families for Children serves any child for any reason at any time, families of any size with children of any age and for any crisis. If the resources are available to help, Safe Families for Children will meet the need.
Hallmarks of Safe Families for Children:
- Biological Parents maintain full custody
- Volunteer families are extensively screened and supported
- Six-week average length of stay (ranging from two days to a year)
- Average age of child in SFFC care is 4.5
- Close working relationships between Safe Families, the local church, and the referring organization
- Commitment to reunite the family as soon as possible